Everyone wants their website to appear on top of the search engine result pages (SERPS) for their chosen keywords, but many website admins struggle with the minefield that can be search engine optimisation.
We are asked constantly how can my site rank and why are my competitors ranking higher?
Well let me start by saying that there is no magic SEO wand you can simply wave over your website and boom…you’re ranked. No, SEO takes time to carefully structure your website with text content, keywords, META data, headings, ALT tags and more to appeal to the search engine gods.
Today I’m going to let you in on a little hint we use to track how Google and co see and rank your site. It’s called SEOquake and it’s free to use and use it you must.
Here is a breakdown of what this awesome website and browser plugin can do;
- Get an SEO overview of any page at a glance
- Discover your SERP competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Discover any keyword’s difficulty level
- Analyze a webpage’s external and internal links
- Get detailed information about your backlinks and much more.
When you install the browser extension you can use the SEObar to get an instant summary of a webpage’s or domain’s strength based on 26 different ranking parameters, along with information on how to improve your website.
Wondering how strong your rivals in the SERP battle are? Type any keyword you’re targeting into the Google search bar. You’ll be provided with immediate SERP analysis and tools including;
- Page overview: key page metrics: Google rank, domain age, number of backlinks and many more.
- Keyword difficulty: an estimation of a keyword’s level of competition (100% is the highest)
- Disable the overlay: toggle switch to disable the overlay mode
- Export in CSV export SERP data into CSV for further analysis
Access other powerful features from the SEOquake Dashboard:
- On-page SEO audit
- Keyword density
- Internal and External links
- Compare URLs
Meet the domain’s backlink Volume and Trust metrics!
These metrics allow you to easily estimate the importance and trustworthiness of a particular domain based on the number and quality of the backlinks pointing to it.
For more information watch the video below.
Overall SEOquake is a must for any budding administrator looking to improve their SEO ranking and reporting.